The World In A Garden is proud to work with West Coast Seeds (WCS) to promote local growing with GMO free, organic and heirloom seeds. WCS has been a sponsor, partner and strong supporter of TWIAG since our beginnings. They continue to donate their resources to our project and are a major sponsor of our Seed to Table Workshop Series. Our success is happens because of like-minded businesses such as WCS.
Join The World In A Garden for our Companion Planting Workshop and use the most of those mutually beneficial relationships found in your garden!
On Sunday, June 26, 11am-1pm, TWIAG’s Companion Planting Workshop, part of the 2nd Annual Seed to Table Workshop Series, will be led by Brian Campbell of Blessed Bee Apiary. Brian is a member of the Master Gardener Association of BC, the sustainable gardening and bee reference person for West Coast Seeds, and has an impressive background in education.
Workshop participants will take away seeds from West Coast Seeds and a copy of Organic Gardening Magazine!
The workshop is $20/person. All proceeds benefit The World In A Garden.
Register for Companion Planting now!
email@example.com | 604.257.5151 ext. 213
We look forward to seeing you there!!
What’s Seed to Table? It’s the organic process that brings food to your plate!
The World in a Garden is comitted to this process by educating, growing and distibuting healthy, clean and fresh, FRESH food.
How? Check out what we are up to this week and this summer:
2. We will be selling some of our fresh produce at the Oak Street Market on Wednesday, June 15th from 3 – 7. Join TWIAG and other local farmers.
3. The 1st of our 9 series 2011is happening this weekend on Sunday, June 19th. It’s Winter Gardening
4. Our Passport to Permaculture kids camp is also happening – soon. Check out our poster here:
Join us and share the bounty of the work we are doing for a food secure tomorrow. We’re hungry for change and every healthy bite makes a difference!
8 Reasons to Get Out this Sunday and Fill Your Hunger for a Better World…
- You will be watching our feature film, Food Stamped, www.foodstamped.com, and it’s entertainingly and award winningly fabulous!
- You will be supporting the work of a great cause, The World In A Garden. We’re committed to building a more just food system with healthy, fresh food for all.
- When you purchase tickets ONLINE today you will be entered to win a gift basket from Seeds of Plenty & The World in a Garden, valued at $150!
- We’re serving up delectable treats from our amazing sponsors: Greens Organic Market, Terra Chips, Garden of Eatin’, Seeds of Plenty and Ethical Bean Coffee !! Yum!
- There’s a big prize to be won and you could win just by showing up! The Vancouver Jewish Film Festival and Vancouver’s Independent Cinema guide: City Reels, is awarding a Tech Gift Basket with $1,000 worth of goodies and a trip for two to the Whistler Film Festival that includes hotel accommodation and two VIP passes to the Festival (one entry per screening)
- Each of our sponsors has donated raffle prizes – get more for less!
- Over 700,000 Canadians require food bank assistance and lack access to good food – come learn how you can help
- All this for $20, while contributing to a world of difference.
Click to view the Food Stamped Trailer
We’re happy to announce that this weekend’s screening of Food Stamped just got better and little sweeter with baked goods from Greens Organic and Natural Market, Ethical Bean Coffee, Terra Chips, Hains Celestial, Seeds of Plenty and Garden of Eatin’
For those of you who haven’t heard yet, we’ve put together a terrific Sunday afternoon with film, food, drinks, friends, discussion, prizes and more. Check out the goods -
We will be holding a matinee film screening of Food Stamped. This eye opening, humorous and award winning documentary film follows a school nutrition educator, Shira Potash and her husband as they attempt to eat a healthy and well-balanced diet on a food stamp budget ($1/meal/person!)! Here in Canada we have similar challenges with over 700,000 Canadians on food bank assistance and many on a food budget of $4/day.
The World in a Garden knows the importance of creating local food systems, increasing access to healthy food and empowering community to grow more food!
Please join us for this important event and fundraiser. All events proceeds go to creating change in your community
Buy ONLINE today and be entered to win a gift basket from Seeds of Plenty and The World in a Garden, valued at $150!
And if that’s not enough, there’s one more treat in store – read below!
The Vancouver Jewish Film Festival and Vancouver’s Independent Cinema guide: City Reels, is awarding a Tech Gift Basket with $1,000 worth of goodies and a trip for two to the Whistler Film Festival that includes hotel accommodation and two VIP passes to the Festival (one entry per screening)
Click to view the Food Stamped Trailer
Please spread this email far and wide to help make this a sold out event!
Join The World In A Garden, Jewish Film Festival & JFSA for the “Hungry $4 Change Challenge”
Can you eat healthy, nutritious food on $4/day? From June 8 – 11th we invite you to take the “Hungry $4 Change Challenge”
Did you know that over 700,000 Canadians live on a $4/day food budget?
We challenge you to live the Food Stamped film and eat within the $4/day food budget for four days. Join other challengers by posting your meal ideas and experiences on our Facebook page leading up to the June 12th film screening of Food Stamped.
For more information about joining the “Hungry $4 Change Challenge” or to be entered in our draw to win a Vij’s cookbook or a workshop from The World In A Garden’s Seed to Table workshop series email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all winners will be announced at the film screening and must be present to claim their prize.